Biofuel research facilities
Bioenergy NoE has extensive facilities to develop second generation synfuel production concepts. Pyrolysis, gasification, gas cleaning and synthesis is studied using state of the art facilities at VTT, ECN and FZK.
Read about each facility by clicking on the link below:
- PFB gasification PDU, VTT
- Fast pyrolysis PDU, VTT
- Engine and vehicle lab, VTT
- High pressure reactors, VTT
- POTTOR microflow fixed-bed reactor, ECN
- FITOR lab scale slurry bubble column, ECN
- Photobioreactor, ECN
- AGAF lab scale gas conditioning system, ECN
- REGA entrained flow gasifier, FZK
- Haloclean pyrolysis reactor, FZK
- 20 kg/h ablative plate pyrolyser, AU
- 5 kg/h fluidised bed pyrolyser, AU
Those outside Bioenergy NoE wishing to use this equipment should contact the scientist in charge as listed on the page for each facility. Access will be decided case by case.